Lakeside: How glutathione helps boost immune system.
Glutathione is an antioxidant produced in cells. It is a molecule that helps fight free radicals. Free radicals are unstable molecules that form in response to factors like your diet and the environment. When more free radicals exist than antioxidants, oxidative cell damage occurs. This can lead to inflammation and a variety of health issues ranging from high blood pressure and diabetes to Alzheimer’s disease and more.
Glutathione is comprised largely of three amino acids: glutamine, glycine, and cysteine. It is produced by the liver and involved in many body processes. Glutathione is involved in tissue building and repair, making chemicals and proteins needed in the body, and in immune system function. Glutathione also helps with the breakdown of nutrients and the regulation of important body processes, such as the immune response.
Glutathione levels in the body may be reduced by a number of factors, including poor nutrition, environmental toxins, and stress. The levels also decline with age. In addition to being produced naturally by the body, glutathione can be given intravenously, topically, or as an inhalant. It’s also available as an oral supplement in capsule and liquid form. Proponents claim that glutathione supplements can help treat and prevent a number of health conditions, from heart disease to Alzheimer’s disease.
As an antioxidant, glutathione helps your body balance free radicals and stay healthy. It works at the cellular level to prevent inflammation and other cell damage that can make you sick. As we age there is a natural reduction in our glutathione levels. Without adequate levels of glutathione, we may be at risk of suffering with serious medical issues, including stroke and Alzheimer’s disease as well as heart disease.
Glutathione plays an important role in helping your immune system stay strong and ready to fight infections. It helps protect your immune system in two important ways:
- Glutathione plays a key role in proper function of the T-cell lymphocytes. This enables the frontline soldiers of your immune system to increase in numbers.
- Glutathione stimulates the production along with activating your natural killer (NK) cells. This enhances the activity of your immune system and also helps act as an antioxidant to your immune system.
Keeping your immune system healthy, preventing disease, boosting your performance, and aging gracefully all are dependent upon keeping your glutathione levels high. It is critical in controlling inflammation and proper immune function. Glutathione is the master detoxifier and our body’s main antioxidant. Without higher levels of glutathione our bodies aren’t able to have the energy or metabolism that is needed for optimal health.
How to Boost Glutathione and your Immune System
Your body needs glutathione to keep your immune system running well. If you don’t have enough of it, your immune system (and other bodily processes) will slow down. Below are the best ways to increase glutathione in your body:
- Decrease your toxic burden. Toxins from our food supply, tap water, cleaning supplies, etc. burden your body’s detoxification system, which relies on a healthy supply of glutathione. Limiting your exposure to these toxins, allows your natural glutathione to be used in other processes, like keeping your digestive health working and your skin glowing!
- Limit alcohol consumption. We all know that alcohol consumption affects our liver. Cell death in the liver may be exacerbated by a deficiency in antioxidants, including glutathione.
- Eat an antioxidant-rich diet. Sulfur-rich foods, like: dietary proteins, such as beef, fish and poultry, cruciferous vegetables.
- Take a glutathione supplement. Almost everybody can benefit from a daily glutathione supplement. Nanoceutical Solutions has the best glutathione formula in the market right now and that is what we are using in our clinic.
- Take Glutathione Boosting Supplements. Many other vitamins and minerals contribute to glutathione production in the body, including: Curcumin, N-acetylcysteine, Selenium, Silymarin, Vitamin C, and Vitamin E.
Glutathione is a very strong antioxidant that the body makes and uses every day. Researchers have associated low levels with several medical conditions.
Talk to us and see what supplement maybe best for your health. We can also see the root cause of any unexplained health problems that you are experiencing right now with the use of our Regulation Thermography. Come and visit us and see it for yourself.